In this current troubled economic period, many people have had to trim their budgets to make ends meet. Many people think that eating at fancy restaurants is one activity they have to eliminate from their budget. Fortunately, there are things you can do to greatly reduce your restaurant bill if you dine at a fancy restaurant.
- The most expensive time to eat at a fancy restaurant is during the evening. To get a much cheaper meal, have lunch at an expensive restaurant. Most restaurants offer scaled down meals at lunch time at a much cheaper price. It is important to find out when the lunch hours end and dinner hours begin so you don’t end up paying for a dinner meal. fancy restaurants
- Many fancy restaurants will offer special promotions in the newspaper where they will provide a coupon for a discount on a dinner. Make sure you check the local newspaper to see if there are any special discounts being offered by a fancy restaurant.
- Some fancy restaurants will offer a type of “happy hour” such as between 4:00pm and 6:00pm. During this time they will offer inexpensive items from their regular menu. This type of promotion may be offered in a lounge area.
- Many fancy restaurants will offer brunch on certain days such as Sunday. They may have a buffet or special discounts on meals. These meals are usually much cheaper than their standard dinner meals. Don’t forget about cheap breakfast and brunch menus on during the off-season.
- Fancy restaurants will have delicious appetizers. You can orders several different appetizers and share them with a friend or spouse.
- Share the entree with the person you are dining with. Entrees can often be such dishes as a platter of different types of food such as seafood.
- Considering drinking water instead of soda or alcohol. These beverages are expensive so drinking only water will cut down on the price of the meal. You can squeeze a little lemon in it for flavor.
- If it is possible, order and eat an appetizer before you place your order. You will then be somewhat full and will be less likely to order more food than you need.
- Desserts at a fancy restaurant can be very expensive. You can cut down on your dining bill if you cut out the desserts.
- A great way to make the most out of an expensive meal is to take leftovers home. If you have enough food, you will have a meal at home the next day. Consider this option when reviewing the menu.
- Eat a snack before you go to the restaurant. Such food as carrot or apple pieces will satisfy some hunger so you won’t over order. Consider it an appetizer.
Eating at a fancy restaurant does not have to blow your monthly budget. Just practice a couple of cost cutting tips and you can have a great meal at a great price.